Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 28kHz standing waves and diffraction schlieren demo
Re: 28kHz standing waves and diffraction schlieren demo [message #94054 is a reply to message #94053] Sat, 17 July 2021 18:53 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Nothing like a good visual to make sense of a concept. Now I get diffraction and standing waves better than ever. On a similar note sort of by way of the strobe effect. I went to a ballet performance once and saw a really cool demonstration of dance using strobe with music applied in layers from a cellist laying down repeating loop tracks of his instrument. The dancer came on to interpret the music and then the stage went dark and strobe applied as the dancer perfectly did jumps with his legs outstretched. Like the sound waves, he appeared frozen in time, but moving across the stage like he was floating. It was phenomenal. I wished I could find a similar scene on youtube, but this can give a modest take on it. At the 31 mark. It was amazing physical skill and timing by the dancer. Coolest damn thing I ever saw.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UB1ZnvCuXzg

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Time Alignment
Next Topic: 6Pi bass bin back brace
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 00:37:31 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects