Home » Audio » Speaker » Subbing Fisher STV-875 woofers in ST-845?
icon6.gif  Re: Subbing Fisher STV-875 woofers in ST-845? [message #96232 is a reply to message #93736] Wed, 14 December 2022 19:12 Go to previous message
FisherGuy is currently offline  FisherGuy
Esquire
A little late I have a several pairs of ST-845 and I have measured the THIELE parameters on the fisher woofers and the other models won't work correctly, I tried with the ST-840/828/832 and the bass changes, if you see the ports, you can see the 845 has 2 whereas the other models have one. It will sound different and you will notice the difference like I did. The magnet in the back is smaller and the coil is smaller. Sorry! The only way out is to purchase the woofers from ebay and replace the surrounds, 100% of the times they are rotted, you can do that pretty easy, but other than that you won't be able to keep the same sound even if you purchase the woofers from the 150 watts boxes, I think they are ST-890, I had them too and they are different as well. The 845's are far from audiophile speakers, however they sound pretty decent compared to all the other fishers around ebay. Good luck!

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message icon6.gif
Previous Topic: Voice Coil July 2022
Next Topic: Vintage Speaker Identification Needed
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 04 01:25:01 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations