Home » Audio » Room Acoustics » Is it safe to position a Sub facing a room's side walls?
Re: Is it safe to position a Sub facing a room's side walls? [message #93714 is a reply to message #93713] Tue, 11 May 2021 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mikehende is currently offline  mikehende
Chancellor
Thanks. I looked at this thread here:

https://audioroundtable.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=92847&&srch=multisubs+flanking+subs#msg_92847

and another on Flanking subs. There some terminologies there which is confusing to me tbh but if I am understanding those 2 threads correctly it involves using more than one sub strategically placed in the room? If yes, I don't have the physical space to add more than one sub and only in the middle of the right side wall.

The EAW SB1000 is crossed at 80hz as that is the recommended setting for it and also I get the best bass tone from it.

Getting back to my original question though, I am thinking since this sub has 2 port holes and also a big opening between the 2 woofers on the front that maybe air is being pushed through these openings and if any objects should be placed in front of them then this might restrict the air flow and might cause some physical damage to the woofers so may not be a good idea. Is this accurate please or would it not matter?

/forum/index.php?t=getfile&id=2751&private=0
  • Attachment: SB1000e.jpg
    (Size: 137.84KB, Downloaded 481 times)

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message