Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Amp Camp Amp
Re: Amp Camp Amp [message #93684 is a reply to message #93454] Sun, 09 May 2021 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
pjanda1 is currently offline  pjanda1
Esquire
While there are folks in the high efficiency community who think all amplifiers are essentially equal, many of us are here to have speakers that use what we'd perceive as the best amps--the tiny ones. If class D amps are interesting to you, you could start worse places than a TPA3116 amp that would run $30-40 including shipping.

I've never heard the amp camp amp, but keep in mind it was designed to be simple and safe to build--not as the highest-end First Watt design that ever was. Though, many also say that within its power limitations, it is very similar in sound to the other Pass single ended designs.

Before committing, you should also consider the F5 and Aleph J, both of which have PCBs available at the DIYAudio store. Think about whether you want more detail and dynamics at the expensive of some warmth (F5) or something more laid back (Aleph J, ACA). I've got a bit of both with F5 monoblocks and separately, an 845 SET amp. The background music systems in our house are both class D (a TK2050 driving LXminis and a TPA3116 on my wife's desk).

Paul

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message