Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Aztec Monet Cabinets
Re: Aztec Monet Cabinets [message #93292 is a reply to message #93291] Wed, 10 March 2021 19:11 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I would look for a woofer that will work well in that size box. The vent can be changed, so that doesn't need to be seen as a constant but you might be able to find a woofer that works well with that Helmholtz frequency. So calculate the Helmholtz frequency from the box volume and vent dimensions to know what you have there too. Might not even have to change out the port.

You have a fairly large assortment of brands to choose from. I'd probably stick with Eminence or JBL since I'm most familiar with them and I think I could find something that worked in the cabinet. But there are other good brands to choose from too.

The midrange driver won't be hard to source. There are plenty of good midranges of that size. The internal midrange box volume won't mater too much - probably - but do check to make sure the driver you choose works in a sealed cabinet of whatever size that midrange box is. You don't want it to be underdamped. That's really all you need to watch out for there.

Then pick some tweeters. Might be fun to replace 'em with a line of ribbons.

Make sure all your drivers are around the same sensitivity so you don't have a lot of level matching to do in the crossover.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message