Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Aztec Monet Cabinets
Re: Aztec Monet Cabinets [message #93293 is a reply to message #93292] Wed, 10 March 2021 22:07 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
grindstone is currently offline  grindstone
Baron
That's too bad if they can't be refurbed as survivors but good on you for even investigating it and not directly abandoning the notion.

If it shakes-out that way, here are my ideas:
1) Beg Wayne for 3-pi thermionic design. Do quickie qtr-wave sims using ewave woofer data. If no showstoppers, whack new baffle to put driver and port where he had them. Stick ewave guts in new baffle. Don't push a bunch of watts but just test-listen (and see how much "bigger" your ewave can sound). Worst case, put your ewave guts back where they were, out one pair of baffle's work but prepped for re-baffling.
2) Beg Wayne for ancient 4-pi thermionic design Smile Obtain remaining parts and make new baffles.
3) Lots of other stuff...depending on what you want. 5+ ft3 is a nice cab to have. And it's built Well Smile I really like those cabs. Heck--I'll do the sims if somebody tells me where the old designs had driver and port relative to overall cab dims (is that a dc300?).

Thanks for sharing the great stuff. Good luck and keep us posted.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message