Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 4 Pi Build in San Luis Obispo - Flush Mounting and Bracing
Re: 4 Pi Build in San Luis Obispo - Questions for Wayne [message #95583 is a reply to message #95582] Tue, 03 May 2022 14:43 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
alexg is currently offline  alexg
Chancellor
Some questions for Wayne.

1) Ok to use foam or wax strips for gaskets? I have a bunch from other projects.

2) Waveguide is recessed. Does it require "more meat" (backing) like the woofer)?

3) Can I install a larger piece for bracing?
- I was thinking of installing a more substantial piece of bracing that would touch all 4 interior walls, add more support, and give me something to attach the insulation to.

4) I have added some backing behind the woofer. I may add backing behind the waveguide. I would also like to potentially add the bracing that I described above. At what point should I be concerned about having a material impact on the internal volume.

5) I did see your article about how to properly install T-Nuts however I am wondering if it is ok to simply use larger wood screws in place of t-nuts especially because I used plywood as the backing for my woofers?

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message