Home » Audio » General » Connecting with Music
Re: Connecting with Music [message #92975 is a reply to message #92974] Tue, 19 January 2021 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
When music gets produced in formulaic fashion, regardless the decade, but seemingly full throttle currently. The soul of it collapses. There's a youtube video that gets into the dynamics of todays commercial pop music and the way it's produced.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVME_l4IwII
I've been a bit of a archivist in my collection of music. Having turned my attention to the past or off the beaten path with my tastes. Liking many different genres. They all seem to have their golden periods from my archival perspective. Jazz seemed most inventive from the 40's through the 60's, with a sweet spot in the 50's. Rock, from it's nostalgic infancy in the 50's, the 60's soul and protest influences to the 70's crafting what now is heralded as classic rock. Sub genres like rockabilly, blues, reggae, country for me have their peaks as well that all favor the past in my collection. With exception of some notable and desirable revivalist influences in them that brought them back from obscurity.
These days, the ability to explore musical genres are more available than ever before. But what accounts as popular music or pop music I find to have turned into a puree of sound. Bland and non nourishing to the ears. Not to say pockets of good music isn't produced. Because there has been and there always will be people that do it for the joy it gives to them. That is the art that can't be formulated no matter what the algorithm made to replicate it is.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Music In Your Dreams?
Next Topic: Suddenly It's Compatible