Home » Audio » General » Connecting with Music
Re: Connecting with Music [message #92974 is a reply to message #92967] Mon, 18 January 2021 02:54 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Souldude is currently offline  Souldude
Viscount
Wayne Parham wrote on Sun, 17 January 2021 09:31

I find certain eras sort of resonate with me. For example, the fifties music was fun and catchy, but none of it was favorites for me. Just fun stuff. Same in the early 1960s. Be-bop "boy chases girl" music. But I really loved the late 1960s and early 1970s. That's the first era that really resonated with me. Some of the music seemed so deep and powerful. And then by the late seventies to early 1980s, it was back to being just catchy little ditties. Lots of weird stuff, lots of even garbage. What wasn't trash was just catchy. Nothing really powerful, just maybe danceable, through the early 1990s. But then the mid to late 1990s started to resonate with me again. Music that was deep and powerful. By the early aughts, I was unimpressed again. Just like the 1980s, it was mostly terrible trash, bad to maybe decent, but almost nothing I'd call good. In the early to mid 2010s, it had swung back to a few things I liked but by after maybe 2016, it was junk again. For the last two years or so, when I hear the radio, the music coming out is total trash. Can't say I've heard one new song in the last couple years I even liked.

So it seems cyclical for my tastes.
Wow, those are really specific preferences. Some music are praised for being high-pitched while there are works that are noteworthy for its lyrics. Is your taste for music mainly affected by lyrics or do you like it depending on its tone?

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Music In Your Dreams?
Next Topic: Suddenly It's Compatible