Home » xyzzy » Tower » Senior Musing
Re: Senior Musing [message #92534 is a reply to message #92530] Thu, 29 October 2020 17:43 Go to previous message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
I can remember the song Greenback Dollar. I would have been about 10 then. Kennedy was assassinated the same month of the release of that album, November 1963. I was in the 5th grade and will always remember the teacher, Mrs. Clark announce John Kennedy shot in Dallas. School was dismissed that grey rainy day. For me then, that moment, was my introduction to the dysfunction in society that I wasn't aware of. And the beginning of much more to come, with the profound upscale of the previous, "police action" of a little old place called Vietnam. The consequent social unrest it unleashed and the great upheaval in civil rights in the apartheid southern states.
The Kingston Trio were a clean cut acceptable folkie group. I read that this album was their take in response to the burgeoning socially conscious work of Dylan, Mama's & Papa's and Peter Paul & Mary.
To me that decade was a proper response to an overwhelming amount of despair of the way things were and had been for decades prior.
What ever comes out of todays many challenging problems I hope can be dealt with some sense of contemplative thought from the many reasoned and inspiring minds. But I'm not surprised with the unrest that is going on. I don't agree with all the actions that unfold and feel it's counterproductive to the intent desired. That seems to be the messy part of democracy. But I also feel change has to come from a ground swell of the population that want to effect it. We've got alot to deal with for sure. Lets get r done.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: If A Tree Falls In The Forest
Next Topic: It's in the can
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 02:47:34 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio