Home » Audio » Speaker » Futzing with vibration control
Re: Futzing with vibration control [message #92819 is a reply to message #92514] Sun, 20 December 2020 06:37 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Barryso is currently offline  Barryso
Master
Your room sound like it's great. In the 4 rooms (in 4 different houses) we've tried multiple/flanking subs it's improved the sound each time. I'd begun to believe it would work in every room. Obviously that's wrong.

Maybe your room is why the front firing bass bins and the 7 pi doghouses sound similar. It's my only guess, and it's only a guess.

Nice equipment rack. ANK amp on top, a couple of Oddwatt monoblocks to the side, your new VTA preamp in the middle and two crowns on the bottom. The only one that's hard to figure out is the box on top of the Crowns. And no idea what drivers are in the subs.

A lot of audio gear breaks in, some more than others. And it's not just your ears getting used to it as I've listened to fresh gear, left it running and wandered back after several days to hear the shift.

Capacitors are the weirdest of the lot. Some sound about as good as they ever will in less than an hour, some require 100 or more hours to settle, and some go back and forth between good and dreadful for days at a time. The ones that shift around are the biggest pain because you're wondering the whole time if you made a big mistake getting that piece of gear. Even more reason to set it up, turn it on, then walk away for 4 or 5 days. Hope your new preamp continues to excel and sound better.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message