Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Horn loaded Corona Build
Re: Horn loaded Corona Build [message #91903 is a reply to message #91902] Mon, 18 May 2020 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Rusty is currently online  Rusty
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
You have to mount the compression driver to the horn lens first before mounting on the baffle. That's all. If you want to flush mount the woofer and the horn lens to the baffle. It's good to have them on hand to test fit them in the baffle. Looking at the builds you can probably see that having a router makes for a precision cutout for the drivers on the baffle. Build your cabinet with or without cutouts for the driver's, horn lens and glue it up with the bracing affixed inside. You can do driver cutouts after glue up as well. Then you can concentrate on the finish to the outside of the cabinet. Painted, veneered, whatever you choose. Mount your woofer and horn lens with compression driver the last part of the build after you've carefully wired up drivers polarity to the crossover, lined the cabinet with insulation. Polarity is crucial. From experience, I'd miss-wired woofer polarity to my crossover. My first listen was bass shy. The JBL 2226h specifications say, black terminal is + positive.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message