Home » Audio » Source » Bent records
Re: Bent records [message #92483 is a reply to message #91942] Fri, 23 October 2020 18:33 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Lost the Remote is currently offline  Lost the Remote
Master
Rusty wrote on Sun, 24 May 2020 10:33
Thank's for doing the investigation. Guess pizza stones and old sol are the go to method. Just for my own curiosity, the record that broke in between two panes of glass in the oven. Was the record profoundly warped? Was it a thick pressing? I ask because many records of a thinner pressing have a lot of flex. Thanks again Madison.
I wasn't there, but Maddy sent me photos as she did it. One record that snapped was Michael Jackson's Thriller. Does thickness depend on the year it was produced? I'm not sure about the year, but he had on a white suit if that helps (sometimes the album cover changes, not sure if this one did). My nieces are in the pic or I'd share it (Maddie doesn't share photos on the net). I think it was a standard record. It was incredibly warped! I don't see how some of the records got that way! It was unusual.

@Picture, Maddie fixed more records than she broke. What worked best was slowly flattening them out over time.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message