Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 3Pi or 4Pi?
Re: 3Pi or 4Pi? [message #91774 is a reply to message #91771] Tue, 28 April 2020 16:35 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

The real difference - besides efficiency - is the choice of midwoofer brand you prefer. It's kind of like a Ford v. Ferrari thing here. In fact, the high-end option for the four π is American (JBL) and the high-end option for the three π is Italian (B&C). Both are excellent choices, so you're just choosing between two top-notch manufacturers.

You can see the specifications for each model here:
Parts are readily available for both models. We sell complete kits, or we can sell you just the waveguides and maybe the crossovers of you want to source the drivers yourself.

The waveguide is the only part that you must buy from us, because we're the only source for that part. But everything else can be purchased wherever you wish.

Beyond that, I encourage you to look through the Pi Speakers FAQ, especially the section called "Models, Upgrades and Driver Characteristics." This will help you learn more about each model and option available. That might help you decide which model is best for you, and what options you think you'd like to have.

Once you decide, let me know and I'll send the plans.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Request for 1Pi & 2Pi Plans
Next Topic: SE tube output transformers to match 1Pi Speakers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 10:39:07 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects