Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Star Trek: Picard
Re: Star Trek: Picard [message #91585 is a reply to message #91582] Thu, 19 March 2020 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I like Patrick Stewart and I liked the character Jean-Luc Picard. But who wouldn't? He was almost inhumanly altruistic and wise. He and his whole crew almost always did the right thing, and acted better than every other creature in the universe, even those that were immortal.

That made the Next Generation series less enjoyable for me. I loved Jean-Luc. I loved Data. I loved Deanna Troi. But again, they were all impossibly good: Perfectly altruistic, perfectly wise, always acting the way we would like to believe they should.

That's why I liked the original series best. And for the same reason, I really liked "Star Trek: Enterprise." In each of those series, the crew acted like humans, with character flaws and realistic reactions. They still almost always "won" in the end, but we Americans like our heroes to win in the end. At least they suffered some setbacks as a result of their own mistakes or the mistakes of their (our) culture. That made them much more believable series for me.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Help with streaming services
Next Topic: Best Stephen King book to movie adaptions