Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Alone In The Wilderness
Re: Alone In The Wilderness [message #91581 is a reply to message #91545] Wed, 18 March 2020 18:54 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Leot55 is currently offline  Leot55
Master
Rusty wrote on Tue, 10 March 2020 10:01
But he didn't invite disaster to himself like Treadwell did with misinterpretation of inherently dangerous animals in close proximity and just a camera. And Proenneke didn't seek out any notoriety during his great outdoor's testament and amazing adaptation to nature.
Well, I meant no harm. To me they are similar men because both were seeking something outside themselves to feel okay. I disagree that Proenneke didn't invite disaster. He was alone in the wilderness without the option for medical help, in dangerous temps, using tools that could sever an artery, with only his wits to keep himself fed, and surrounded by animals that will kill humans. I mean, that's why his story is so cool. That's why people still talk about how amazing he was. He was self-reliant in the deadly wilderness of Alaska. You couldn't produce this thing in New York City without becoming a laughingstock. Look at the reality show Survivor. Yeah, they're living by their wits (sort of) but there's a medical tent and helicopters that can evacuate someone who needs help. The show catches flack for that.

We know it turned out okay and that he thrived. Proenneke lived to be 86. But yeah, while watching I kept thinking he could've ended up like Treadwell. Besides that, can you imagine the toothaches he had to have?

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Talented singers
Next Topic: Which are the most anticipated ones?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 01:16:12 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio