Home » Audio » Source » Going physical in digital era (Are physical releases still necessary?)
Re: Going physical in digital era [message #91577 is a reply to message #91488] Wed, 18 March 2020 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Taurus is currently offline  Taurus
Chancellor
Leot55, as far as I know, that's how she always gets her albums. I can ask her about how to get those if you want.

gofar99 wrote on Sun, 23 February 2020 15:16
A good question. However...I have long been wary of music that is only in digital format. It sounds great for sure...but do you really own it and what exactly are your rights to using it. Particularly if it is on a cloud server. What happens if it fails, goes bankrupt, or compromised. What happens if your down loads on your player get corrupted, or you lose it. With a physical format these are not issues (except stolen or damaged). Just food for thought.
The same argument can be made against physical releases. You can lose the copy or damage the record when you're being careless. We also need to be sure that we have a player for them (like my old laptop which didn't have a CD ROM). Digital files can be re-downloaded and transferred easily, but I understand what you mean as it doesn't really feel like we own anything (even though we probably pay for the platform).

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message