Home » Audio » General » Vibration Control (How I learned to love the shower pan liner and stop worrying)
Re: Vibration Control [message #91383 is a reply to message #91382] Tue, 28 January 2020 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Dude, that's awesome!

Most of my early days - teenage and early twenties - I worked exclusively with solid state stuff. Occasionally I would fix an old tube TV set or radio, but I didn't work with tubes enough to even consider microphonics. Vibration sometimes caused tube gear to be intermittent, but that was mostly mechanical connections in the tube sockets. I could easily see why people bumped their TVs to get 'em going sometimes - the mechanical connections often caused problems. Solid state stuff could do that too. These weren't microphonics issues, they were mechanical connection problems.

But after spending more time with tube gear, I could clearly see where microphonics is a potential issue. Even more than that, it is a likely issue, and the goal is to limit it with various forms of mechanico-acoustic isolation. It's a lot like the problem of isolating a turntable from vibrations.

So I applaud your efforts! Good job on finding a way to damp your amp!

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Theme Song for A Blog
Next Topic: Forum Migration
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 04:36:08 CDT 2024