Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 3 Pi sub questions
3 Pi sub questions [message #91304] Sat, 04 January 2020 23:52 Go to previous message
OneBean is currently offline  OneBean
Baron
I have been wanting to build new subs for my home theater. My current subs are in large ported cabinets, and the drivers are not very robust. The 3 Pi sub looks like a nice size, and appears to play deep and loud, with a robust driver. I have a Sony home theater receiver that has a single RCA sub out, and offers built in room correction, by using a microphone to listen to the rooms and make adjustments. Currently, the single RCA sub out goes to a Crown PA amp capable of delivering around 600 watts per channel into 4 ohms with a high dampening factor (over 1000 at 100 Hz if I remember correctly). Is 600 watts enough for 2- 8 ohm Lab12's in parallel?

If I added 2- 3 Pi subs flanking the right and left main speakers, and then added 2 more 3 Pi subs in the corners of the room, how would I attach these 4 subs to my equipment?

Do the subs have built in cross overs, so they don't need individual active crossovers?

Is there a risk of phase cancelation with all those subs placed around the room? Most subs from manufacturers have a phase switch or knob to get the phase right.

What is included in the kit?

I'm guessing 4- 3 Pi subs in my room (approximately 30' wide x 18' deep) would recreate explosions very nice if implemented correctly. Is anyone here running 4 of these in a home theater?

Onebean

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: PI 2
Next Topic: Constant directivity cornerhorn plan request
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 01 16:27:51 CDT 2024