Home » Audio » LSAF » LSAF 2020 (Cancelled)
Re: LSAF 2020 [message #92228 is a reply to message #92222] Fri, 28 August 2020 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I'm with you on that! I'm ready for Rudy's and hangin' out with all my audio buddies!

I keep in contact with the hotel, and right now a little over half of our normal regular exhibitors have made their reservations. This is actually pretty normal because many of our regulars don't reserve their rooms until right before the show every year. So we are seeing normal behavior in terms of reservations.

But I think probably the difference will be seen this month. I think some of those that usually reserve late will decide against it and others will cancel. I may be wrong, but that is my suspicion based on reactions from the regular LSAF exhibitors in June.

Some of our folks are concerned mask-wearers, and others are not. Many think the health concerns are over-exaggerated. Pretty much just like everywhere - We have a variety of opinions in our group.

There is a mask mandate in the state of Texas. I'm not sure if it will still be in effect in October or not.

But I know that in Arkansas and Oklahoma, there are also state mandates. They rarely enforce those mandates though, and in many areas, there aren't laws in effect with a mechanism for enforcement. Similarly, many retailers in every state have a policy of requiring masks and social distancing. But they are told not to approach customers that don't wear masks. I haven't asked the hotel how they would act towards our guests, but I suspect it would be the same.

What I definitely don't want to see is our friends turning on one another. But you know how audiophiles are. We're perfectionists and we're opinionated. Many are a little bit controlling. So I fear that we might see lots of arguments and bickering could spoil the show.

All that said, I'm still waiting to see what happens in the next few weeks. Whatever we decide, we'll announce here.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message