Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Low Pass
Re: Low Pass [message #91438 is a reply to message #91411] Sat, 15 February 2020 07:04 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Barryso is currently offline  Barryso
Master
Changed the setup again.

Pulled the 4 pi's away from the wall and changed the sub crossover from 60 hz to 100 hz. This is Wayne's standard 3 and 4 pi flanking sub setup except my 4's are still on the floor.

Everything is more better. Better bass, textures, imaging, clarity. All more better. For example, upright bass and piano have more body and sound more natural.

It's so good it makes me want to climb to the top of a mountain and scream Yiddish curse words as loudly as possible.

Wish I spoke Yiddish.

Rusty,

I've wanted to hear the Theater 4's. The one's in my room are what used to be called the Pro 4's and they likely don't go anywhere as low as the theaters.

Space is an issue here, too, and there's no telling what the front subs will eventually be. Right now they are an old pair of speakers that go down to 30 hz ... which is fine for the music I play. Even with "compromised" front subs the overall presentation is excellent.

The 3 pi subs Wayne brings to the Dallas show are excellent sounding if you have the room for them. If the Theater 4's go low enough and you just want subs for room correction then you might do OK with something smaller, like say an old pair of good speakers that were just sitting around unused. All those extra woofers doing their flanking/multisub thing make a dramatic difference.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: 2 Pi Speaker Plans
Next Topic: Corner horns & flanking subs?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 17:15:02 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio