Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Low Pass
Re: Low Pass [message #91218 is a reply to message #91156] Wed, 20 November 2019 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Barryso is currently offline  Barryso
Master
Hi Rusty,

Using four subs is the gold standard but I've been making due with 3 for a while. That 3rd sub in the rear makes a big difference compared to just having the 2 up front. You'll have great luck with the JBL in the rear of your room. The rear sub adds a bit more texture to the bass and really opens up the midrange. A real jaw dropper.

Here is the link for the transmitter. I apologize for not realizing ahead of time he'd pick a pricey solution. He's using JL subs so he went with a JL wireless device.
https://www.crutchfield.com/S-gH8UTY0nXNi/p_136TRX/JL-Audio-JLINK-TRX-High-Fidelity-Audio-Transmitter-Receiver-Kit.html?XVINQ=GLX&awkw=165289662985&awat=pla&awnw=g&awcr=86915025745&awdv=c&awug=9003887&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIwKKfxtT35QIVBaSzCh1JaQ55EAQYBCABEgJKufD_BwE

It's a lot more expensive than the Best Buy gear. He's had no issues with the JL transmitter but he has had many recurring issues with the JL sub amplifiers. He's swapping one of them out every 6 months or so and then months later he has to do another one. It never ends. All the amps have been replaced at least once, one of the subs is on amp number 3. I'm leery of recommending them even though the company replaces them for the cost of shipping.

When you get some time on it please post about your experiences with the Rolls crossover. I'm looking forward to hearing how it works in your setup.

Barry

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: 2 Pi Speaker Plans
Next Topic: Corner horns & flanking subs?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 06:50:41 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio