Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » New(ish) 4 pi's
Re: New(ish) 4 pi's [message #91278 is a reply to message #91099] Fri, 20 December 2019 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Barryso is currently offline  Barryso
Master
Hi Wayne,

The shower pan liner was taken right out of your notes somewhere on this forum. Normally I do the job quick and easy with rope caulk or weatherstripping but you recommended the liner. Is the liner better than weatherstripping? I've no idea. It's more work but it's your design so I follow your guidelines.

I've found it's always a good idea to put speakers together exactly like the designer suggests. There are often reasons for doing things that are way above my pay grade.

Smile

The 4's are certainly sounding good. After a day of listening the gaskets seem to make even more of a difference than at first listen. One of the great preamp/amp combos from before the gasket installation now sounds a bit too laid back. A different preamp/amp combo had been too thin sounding before and now is pretty spot on. Funny how a bit of refinement changes the mix.

I'll try to get some notes in order and post something as it's been fun dialing them in. In the mean time you guys have a great Christmas.

Barry

Read Message
Read Message icon14.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: 3Pi Acoustic Axis and Listening Distance
Next Topic: 2Pi Tower Plan request
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 07:10:35 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations