Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Three Pi and Three Pi Sub Plans (Plan Request)
Re: Three Pi and Three Pi Sub Plans [message #91221 is a reply to message #91086] Sun, 24 November 2019 16:36 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
timothyeyster is currently offline  timothyeyster
Chancellor
Wayne,

After much consideration, I ended up building a pair of Three Pis per your plans. They are a bit dominating in my current room, but will eventually go behind an AT projector screen (hopefully with enough space to cross their forward axes properly). In terms of the sound, I'm very happy with the dynamics, detail, and imaging- really nice sounding speakers. I noticed right away that the high-end balance is very depressed compared to most other speakers I've had. Running an Audyssey auto setup brought them much more in line with my preference, but shelved the high end nearly 10db. Does that seem normal with these, or might I have made a mistake building the crossovers? I'm using the DE250, and the B&C 12PLB100 woofer.

Also, though the bass is quite good, I'm eager to add the Three Pi flanking subs to complete the picture. I ordered a pair of kits from your site last week, and look forward to building the boxes shortly. Could you please clarify for me how best to accomplish the port on these? Is there something included in the kit, or do I use PVC pipe?

Thanks again for all of the great information!

Tim

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message