Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Three Pi and Three Pi Sub Plans (Plan Request)
Re: Three Pi and Three Pi Sub Plans [message #91068 is a reply to message #91013] Sat, 12 October 2019 16:49 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
timothyeyster is currently offline  timothyeyster
Chancellor
Wayne,

Thanks for sending those over!

The 3Pi design is really elegant, and, I'm convinced, would perform incredibly well. Unfortunately, after much consideration, I just don't think it will shoehorn into my space due to the cabinet size.

I started modeling alternative boxes in WinISD, and think I found a good compromise: Using the B&C 12PLB100 woofer you've identified, I tried B&C's recommended box size of 1.41 cuft tuned to 52HZ, and came up with a ruler-flat response to 60HZ that then slopes quickly to -3db at 50HZ. This seems like acceptable low frequency cutoff to me, especially if used with flanking woofers.

However, after reading your thinking behind the larger box with the EBS alignment, and how it's meant to play lower and integrate better with flanking woofers, I'm wondering if I'd lose more than just a little low end extension using this smaller box. I'm also wondering if I were to change the box alignment, if a substantial redesign of the crossover will also be required.

Having already gotten so much great information from you and this site, I feel bad asking for more. But, if you would be willing to share your thoughts on this, or point me toward further reading, I'd sure appreciate it.

Thanks again,

Tim

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message