Home » Audio » Source » USB compatible turntable
USB compatible turntable [message #90857] Sat, 14 September 2019 08:30 Go to previous message
musicluvr is currently offline  musicluvr
Viscount
As more and more phones are being made without a headphone jack, the options are narrowing for improving sound quality. As much as I love getting cheap new music on iTunes (or whatever they call it these days), I'd like to hear some old favorites too, and I want them to sound as good as they do on my vinyl records. Getting a USB compatible turntable seems like the best way to make that happen. Right now I've narrowed it down to three models:

(1) Innovation Technologies Victrola Nostalgic Aviator 8-in-1 Turntable because it seems very easy to use and it has everything I would need too get started. It's also on the cheaper end, but that's not necessarily a plus since the price could mean it's made with poor materials.

(2) Teac TN-300SE well-priced and I think I can manage it putting it together, but it might be a hassle. I'll also have to figure out how to use Audacity.

(3) Audio-Technica AT-LP5 slightly pricey, though I don't mind it, but it looks tough to set up.

Which one would you pick? Do you know of a better USB compatible turntable? My main goal is to get that same warm, rich sound like you'd hear on vinyl. Will this type of turntable do that or am I expecting too much?

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: R2R ladder dac's
Next Topic: Vinyl Will Outsell CD's Soon
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 01:54:11 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects