Home » Audio » LSAF » LSAF - New Date, New Digs
Re: LSAF - New Date, New Digs [message #91184 is a reply to message #90774] Sun, 17 November 2019 15:48 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Tips for Exhibitors

If you're new to LSAF, you might want to see Barry's "LSAF 101" thread. He has been a regular attendee for many years, so his perspective is very helpful.

But even if you're an old hand at trade shows, we are moving to a new hotel this year, so these extra tips might prove useful to you.

• Reserve your room early. The cutoff date is May 15th, 2020. You will want to have reserved your room long before that date. After that date, there is no guarantee you will be placed on the same floor(s) as the rest of the LSAF exhibitors.

• When reserving your room, be sure to let the hotel know you're an exhibitor at LSAF. You can do this at the online reservation link or you can call the hotel at 972-364-3640.

That's no different than any other year. But what is different is the fact that we're new to them. I've explained how important it is for exhibitors to be on the same floor and in rooms that face the atrium. But you'll want to make sure they understand this too. The floor layout is provided in an earlier post in this thread, so make sure they know you want to be in one of the rooms facing the atrium.

• Whenever you've reserved your room, I suggest making a follow-up call to the hotel around May 15th, 2020. That's when they'll close the block and begin to assign rooms. We want to make sure that every exhibitor is on the same floor(s) and in rooms facing the atrium. So call them to make sure that you are.

Some rooms have two beds, others have one king size bed. And we have to specify which type we want. But if we run out of one type or the other, I do not want the hotel to assign a room to an exhibitor on another floor just because you happened to pick a certain bed type that happens to sell out on the exhibitor floor(s).

I've explained this to the hotel staff, but it still behooves you to speak with the hotel staff around May 15th to make sure they assign you to a room facing the atrium. I feel pretty sure you care more that your room be on the exhibitor's floor(s) facing the atrium than you care about what beds are in the sleeper room.

• As a courtesy to other exhibitors, if you get several rooms but use one or more as a sleeper room, please be sure to let the hotel know your sleeper room(s) don't need to be in the exhibitor block. We want the show floor(s) to be filled with exhibitors only. Ideally, every room facing the atrium will have a show system in it, open and playing tunes.

• Bring a cart. In the past, the carts they've provided were pretty good for toting heavy equipment like loudspeakers and large amplifiers. But the carts at the Galleria are not suitable for this purpose. So do yourself a favor and bring your own. You can purchase a great cart from Amazon, Lowe's or Home Depot.

• To get to the hotel, go to highway 75 and exit Spring Valley road, which is just north of I-635. Go west about 4 miles to Noel Road. The Embassy Suites is on the corner of Spring Valley and Noel.

Google Maps recommended several directions that weren't as straightforward as that, and some that included toll roads. I found that the Spring Valley exit on I-75 worked best for me. It is very near the exit for the Park Central hotel we stayed at last year.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: LSAF 2019
Next Topic: Virtual Audio Show
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 23:24:01 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations