Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Just finished 4pi build need some tips
Re: Just finished 4pi build need some tips [message #91069 is a reply to message #90742] Sat, 12 October 2019 23:47 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Jelly_bean is currently offline  Jelly_bean
Esquire
Hi all,

Apologies for not posting my findings sooner I've just been busy listening to them! I traced the problem to having them wired up wrong, and had to get some of the stuffing better set in the cabinets. After getting that sorted, we were in business!

They sound fantastic! Really, really, pleased with these! They are very revealing to the source and other system components. On decent recordings they sound fine, but you can really tell the recording is bad -not the gear. On the stellar recordings in my collection- The music sounds downright real. Electronic music is really a lot of fun to listen too, Things "appear" in front of the speakers, behind the speakers, and next to the speakers. They are an absolute blast.

With that said, I'd like to get the most out of them. Are there any hard fast rules to placement in the room? At the moment, I've got them on 8" tall cinder blocks with footers and tilted slightly back. Should they be close to the wall? Out from the wall? I've got them out about 4 feet or so with the waveguides on the outside (mirror imaged pair), about 5 feet between them, and have them pointed where they cross right in front of the listening position. That seems to work, but I'd like to squeeze as much performance out of them as I can. I also have some room treatments that I'm also using that make a big difference as well.

Thanks again!
Chris

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: 8 Pi Plans