Home » Audio » Room Acoustics » Acoustics in exposed brick and metal room
Re: Acoustics in exposed brick and metal room [message #90539 is a reply to message #90535] Wed, 26 June 2019 18:41 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Madison is currently offline  Madison
Grand Master
Wayne Parham wrote on Wed, 26 June 2019 09:16

You need sound damping material and directional speakers.
Thank you for responding, Wayne! I thought about adding damping material, but I can't really do anything with the walls. I can hang things like acoustic blankets from the metal pipes though. I guess I'll try that next. I can also set up a clothesline of sorts and drape dampening materials off of that. That's sure going to look tacky when company comes over though. Johnnycamp5 had a thread with a picture of his setup. I think the walls were brick, there was a small window, a rug or maybe carpet, and some nice speakers (I think Pi). His area looked comfortable and lived-in but it was still classy. I've searched for that thread to see if I could copy some of his techniques as I believe our rooms are somewhat similar, but I can't find the darn thing. I just don't want our main room to look like a DIY Pinterest fail. Then again, none of us can stand the acoustics right now so we can't be too choosy.

I can definitely get some directional speakers. Our home theater system needs updated anyway. Thanks again for your help!

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Sound Redirection
Next Topic: Sound masking vs sound absorption
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 08 22:55:37 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects