Home » Audio » Movies & Music » At the movies July and August
Re: At the movies July and August [message #90809 is a reply to message #90799] Tue, 27 August 2019 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
People here seem to like sci-fi movies. Recently I viewed a couple from my Roku free subscription if you have a library card using the app. Kanopy. First up, an interesting off world setting involving father daughter prospectors. Called, Prospect. And not unlike movies of old, the prospecting business is fraught with ne'er do wells taking advantage of one another. On a planet lush with vegetation and atmosphere poisonous they land on in their beat up lander from an orbiting station. They're after a gem, found within an organic umbilicaled pod. Fate and greed get's the father killed and the daughter eventually having to team up with one of the killers. It's an interesting take on an old formula. The dialog in all the negotiations that take place is particularly spoken with a formal sounding language, not unlike some old westerns. I really enjoyed it. Critic's did as well.

The other movie is much harder to follow. Called, Under The Skin. Starring Scarlett Johansson. Without many clues, you learn she is an alien residing within the very nice exterior of Scarlett's hide. She is basically a beautiful lure to get Scottish men back to her dwelling. Where they willingly follow her as she disrobes in a eerie black room, slowly descending into a fluid medium where they are kept. Kind of marinating until they're quickly eviscerated into a food of sorts. A very weird slowly developing movie with minimal dialog. She eventually comes to a conflict with her role as a herder of male nourishment for her planets elite members of it's society. (This I had to find out with some research online). A very strange movie that is hard to get a handle on. But Scarlett is mighty nice to see in various stages of undress. This one either gets praise or ridicule. I'm about half way with it. Since it takes place in Scotland, you need captions. I can't follow their accent.
That's my summer sci-fi mash up. One a plus, the other, whew, bizarre.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Why the sudden push towards streaming movies and music?
Next Topic: Avengers Endgame: The End Of A Marvelous Storytelling
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 06 09:07:47 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout