Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Definimax 4012HO - End of Life
Re: Definimax 4012HO - End of Life [message #91816 is a reply to message #91806] Sun, 03 May 2020 23:21 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Symphonimind is currently offline  Symphonimind
Baron

Wayne Parham wrote on Fri, 01 May 2020 11:10
We have several driver options for the π loudspeaker, and a couple of them are in the same quality/price range as the Beyma 12BR70. The Delta Pro driver would be a good choice for that price point, for example.

When this thread was started, it was prompted by the announced obsolescence of the Eminence Definimax 4012HO. For many years, that was the top-of-the-line upgrade option for the three π loudspeaker. It had a cast frame, well damped cone and flux stabilization. So I was looking for a part that had those advanced features to replace it. I settled on the B&C 12PLB100 for that role.

Hi Wayne,

I have just tested the new 3Pi with both 12PLB100 and Delta Pro 12a. As the owner of original 3Pi with 4012 (with DE250), the 12PLB100 is superior in every aspect. Bass is much tighter, the sound is much more clear and focused, THD is really low. I like it very much.

I tried it in a smaller cabinet tuned around 40Hz, the in-room response is well extended into 30Hz region. The sound is phenomenal. However, my stuffing technique is not very good so I got mid leakage peaked around 400Hz and 800Hz, and it ruined the frequency response. Can you share some of your experience on your stuffing technique to get rid of those mid leakage?

The Delta Pro 12A lives up to the reviews. Its bass is tight, the sound is good (but not comparable to B&C in any way). THD is also in the low side. But due to the 4dB higher sensitivity compared to B&C, I have to EQ the system a bit.

Overall, I think that the ending of 4012HO is great. It gives us the chance to upgrade the system to the whole new level and also to have a better option against Delta 12LF.

Thank you very much.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message icon10.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Where to get JBL 2226 Dustcap Replaced?
Next Topic: 2pi towers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 12:21:06 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout