Home » Audio » General » A Rise In Numbers?
Re: A Rise In Numbers? [message #90289 is a reply to message #90288] Sat, 11 May 2019 18:39 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, I figure this is tough to call. Audiophiles may be relatively few in number and as Wayne noted. This certainly was true in the past. Still I wonder about how I would define one. I have a hi-rez FIIO portable player. It can handle anything up to 36/192. It can store 1000's of uncompressed tracks. The sound with good phones is superb. I have a major hi-fi system in my house. Electrostatic speakers, huge subs, 4 class A tube amps, it can handle vinyl, R-R tape, cassette, XM satellite, CD, BlueRay and PC generated music. Which system designates me as an audiophile. I think it is more that I like well reproduced music not so much on how it is played. So with that sort of definition there are likely more audiophiles than ever. For them, there is a really monstrous array of quality gear now. Much of quite inexpensive. I hope the desire for quality reproduction continues.

Good Listening
Bruce

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: What I have always worried about
Next Topic: The More Serious Artists Out There