Home » Audio » Home Theater » Ad blocker for smart T.V.?
Ad blocker for smart T.V.? [message #90040] Sun, 07 April 2019 11:27 Go to previous message
Augustus is currently offline  Augustus
Baron
My $1,000 plus Sony television is bombarding me with adds, no matter what I try. I tell you all the price of the T.V., because when I asked about the ads, I was told that ads, sponsored content, and other forms of monetization partnerships are how Sony keeps their prices low. Seriously! I'm not an audio/video expert, but I am fairly tech savvy. However, every solution I've applied eventually fails as the ads keep randomly coming back. I've rolled back the updates and turned off auto-updates, but the ads still come back. It's behaving just like malware and apparently, our corporate gods designed it that way. Do you know if there's any way to install an ad blocker, or some sort of privacy protection on these televisions?

I paid for my T.V. outright and I just want this to stop. Everything runs slower, thanks to the ads, and sometimes my T.V. freezes and has to be restarted. I spent lots of time configuring this television exactly how I wanted it when I first set it up. To have that undone, because a company decided they want more money, is infuriating!

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Buying the best home theater system