Home » Audio » Source » Where do you typically buy your music?
Re: Where do you typically buy your music? [message #89773 is a reply to message #89757] Sat, 09 February 2019 16:00 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Strum Drum is currently offline  Strum Drum
Master
I'm not sure what you're comparing it to, but records made in the mid to late 70s and 80s are going to be thinner and flimsier than those made in the 60s and earlier. The country's energy crisis meant materials cost more, so the studios used less materials to make more money. In the 80s, cassette tapes were very common and most labels switched to that format. In the late 80s compact discs were all the rage and labels spent money on that too. Those that still made records had to save money where they could which meant thinner records and lighter album covers. One key thing to find out is whether the original source was used to make the reissues.

I second using Discog for great sounding vinyl records. That's where I buy my vinyl online for the most part. I've snagged some great albums at thrift stores and garage sales and I think it's easier to shop that way since I can look things over before buying.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Radial Audio Stealth One Tonearm by Dean Slindee