Home » xyzzy » Tower » Buyer's Remorse
Re: Buyer's Remorse [message #89809 is a reply to message #89782] Tue, 12 February 2019 14:41 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Strum Drum is currently offline  Strum Drum
Master
Buyer's remorse comes about for many reasons. Maybe you find a better deal a few weeks after you made your purchase, or you stumble across a better, upgraded model for the same price you already paid. Maybe the product doesn't work at all or at least doesn't do what you thought it would do. Maybe the product works great and you got it on sale, but you rarely use it, so it just feels like wasted money. I fall into the latter category. I didn't buy a lemon, but it's still not useful to me and it wasn't exactly cheap so I have buyer's remorse.

I saw it on sale and thought it would be cool to get back into gaming. After all, I loved gaming as a kid and young-adult. It was the nostalgia that got me. I didn't give any thought to my busy life now or that I already have hobbies that fit with my social and work crowd. Plus, I travel a lot for work, so it's more convenient to use a laptop or tablet. While it's true that the gaming computer will probably last longer, I could have upgraded to a new laptop twice or so for that price. So the difference for me is the price, the lack of portability, and the ease of use. There's also the guilt of buying a frivolous product instead of putting the money into my savings or retirement fund. My nephew will love it though.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Happy Pi Day
Next Topic: Workout Music
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:23:30 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects