Home » Audio » Source » Stylus Inspection
Re: Stylus Inspection [message #89425 is a reply to message #89417] Fri, 21 December 2018 16:09 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

That's very interesting, Bruce. Good information that whets my appetite for more. So I've started a "Cartridge Measurement" thread to discuss what's involved in measuring cartridges. If you wouldn't mind, please post your observations there as well. You've got a big head start on this matter.

I suppose a whole 'nother thread should be started on turntable/arm setup. There's just so much disinformation out there; I think it would be useful to compile information on the subject here on AudioRoundTable.com.

Back to the topic of stylus inspection, I just received another USB 'scope. It has a replaceable lens to allow higher magnification. I'm anxious to use it to look at the "Bliss" replacement stylus and to compare it with the genuine Audio Technica stylus. The trouble is my genuine stylus is worn, and I don't know how badly worn it is. That's one of the main reasons I bought this 'scope and started this thread.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message