Home » Audio » Source » Why Vinyl Sucks
Re: Why Vinyl Sucks [message #89263 is a reply to message #89262] Tue, 20 November 2018 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Rusty is currently offline  Rusty
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
It doesn't take much to get a donnybrook going with much of any audiophile subject. The breed seems to take umbrage with any statement made. I'm a vinyl user of older vintage and don't feel threatened by the article. I don't really care. I think it's fine to push the envelope technically and the idea that the psychosis of audiophilia is at a crossroads from it's bastardization by an old technology is a good chuckle. Reading the comments, Michael Fremer, (ugh), the analog prima donna of Stereophile is one whom always seems to take the low road in his comments by reverting to nasty personal vulgarity instead of useful reasoning.
I think analog vinyl is riding a wave in popularity by a generation embracing it through vogue and the elders, (like me), that never let it go. It'll fade away in time. But it can sound pretty damned good too with decent equipment. Just wait though, the c.d. and associated equipment will make a comeback with that particular generation. Then, some future geek will opine about it undermining the audio truth.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Storing vinyl records
Next Topic: Scratchy Sound Of Turntable
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 08 05:27:52 CDT 2024