Home » Audio » Home Theater » Is a home theatre system really necessary? (I feel like some good speakers can do the job.)
Re: Is a home theatre system really necessary? [message #89077 is a reply to message #89076] Mon, 29 October 2018 18:20 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Rather than critique specific components, I'll limit my comments to generalities.

I've found that going from "bad" to "decent" is relatively inexpensive, and then going from "decent" to "good" isn't much more. But at a certain point you come to a place of diminishing returns. This seems true for most things. That "Nth" degree often costs a lot.

Another thing I've found though, is there are a lot of products that cost way more than they're worth. And in that case, you can sometimes find "decent" or "good" at a cost that isn't any more than what it would cost to get something that is junk.

So the bottom line is to study the products and to look for real performance data. If you can't find measurements of sound equipment, assume the worst. Stick with products that have published performance data and compare that with other offerings.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Dark Setting
Next Topic: Do you have a projector?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 10 15:20:30 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio