Home » Audio » Radio » Creating My Own Radio Station
Re: Creating My Own Radio Station [message #89007 is a reply to message #89004] Fri, 12 October 2018 17:03 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, You need a station license which probably would come with an assigned frequency and power limit. Not all types are available in all areas. You also need a person that is licensed to maintain and oversee the station operation. That person would insure (think along both technical and legal certification lines) that the station is operating properly and in accordance with the license. Unless something has changed that person would need a "general class" commercial class license. That is not a simple thing as there were educational requirements and a fairly comprehensive test was required. I have a lot of experience (57 years) in nearly all fields of electronics and would likely have to study extensively to get such a license. Now if you happen to hold a degree in radio frequency engineering then that part would be fairly simple. You would still need to study the legal issues and regulations that apply to station operation.

All bets are off on illegally operating stations.

Good Listening
Bruce

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Radio Plays
Next Topic: Radio outdated?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 04 15:02:03 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations