Home » Audio » Source » Music Streaming
Re: Music Streaming [message #88869 is a reply to message #88865] Mon, 24 September 2018 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Barryso is currently offline  Barryso
Master
There are probably more CD's and records in my place than I'll ever hear, too. But it sure is a fun adventure.

I'm an old fart and will sound even older talking trash about streaming. But streaming has some serious flaws.

Fidelity is limited. Sure, there are times when that doesn't matter as much but there are times it does matter. Tidal helps but it suffers from the second major flaw.

Selection is limited. Yes, there are millions of songs to stream. But if you try to listen to a fairly obscure jazz release it starts getting dicey. There are many favorites in my collection that I'd never have heard if all that was available was streaming.

Sure, if streaming was all there was when growing up I'd probably have a completely different list of favorites. But it's fun to kvetch.

Most outdated technology goes through a period of time when it's abandoned and then resurfaces again. Vinyl is a perfect example. Tube amps are another. The new technology just about wipes the old tech off the map and then a few decades later the old tech resurfaces. Might happen with CD's, too.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Keeping Up With New Products
Next Topic: Changing Music From CD to MP3
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 05:02:38 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects