Home » Audio » LSAF » LSAF 101 (Thoughts and ideas for new exhibitors)
Re: LSAF 101 [message #88174 is a reply to message #88164] Wed, 13 June 2018 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

This is an excellent thread, Barry! Thanks so much for taking the time to write it up!

For those of you that don't know, Barry is an attendee that has been coming to the Lone Star Audiofest since the very first one in 2005. Actually back then, it was called the Great Plains Audiofest and was in Tulsa. We moved the show to Dallas in 2007 and renamed it to LSAF. So but anyway, my point is the list of suggestions from Barry comes from the view of the people that visit the rooms. It's extremely useful feedback, in my opinion.

I'll add a few things to Barry's list of suggestions. These are more from an exhibitor's perspective:

• Make a list of things you intend to bring. Put on the list your obvious items like source equipment, amps and speakers. Your source media. Spare tubes. Cleaning supplies. Signage. Refreshments. Et cetera. Make the list well in advance of the show, like months ahead of time. You'll think of other things over the days to come, and add those to the list. That way, when it comes time to pack up, it's easier to be organized.

• If possible, come early and setup ahead of time. In the early days, we all showed up on Friday and setup. So no rooms were open until late Friday. It was really a Saturday show. But more and more, people started opening up early Friday. I started coming Thursday night to setup so I could be open all day Friday. This has become the norm. Most exhibitors show up Thursday, and some even come on Wednesday. When you show up a day early, if gives plenty of time to load-in, setup and make any adjustments necessary.

• Early in the year before the show (like January), send me your company logo and URL and ask to display it on the LSAF website. You can send it to info@lonestaraudiofest.com. You can also send photos of your equipment. I don't always upload vendor-supplied equipment photos, but I often do and add them to rotating displays on various pages. I always upload company logos and URLs on the "exhibitors" page and on the scrolling banner at the bottom of the landing page.

• Every year, usually in January or February, either me or one of the regulars here starts an "LSAF 20xx" thread. This becomes the official LSAF thread for that year. Introduce yourself on the thread and upload a photo of the equipment you plan to bring to the show. Describe it in as much detail as you'd like. This is the main source of information for other media and ezine outlets to draw from. And there are a lot of people writing reviews, so it's in your advantage to have the information conveniently available to them. It gives the the ezine reviewers an easy way to get information like exhibitor names, equipment lists, model numbers, etc.

• Mention your attendance at LSAF on other audio websites too. There's a Facebook page and threads on most every popular audio messageboard. Introduce yourself on any of those you participate on regularly. Don't overdo it though - Some messageboards aren't friendly to drop-in visitors. I think it's a good rule of thumb that you can (and should) announce your intentions to be at LSAF on your company website, on the official "LSAF 20xx" thread here on ART and on any messageboards you regularly participate on but refrain from posting on sites that you rarely visit.

• Each year, my wife takes photos of every exhibitor's room and uploads them to the LSAF website. This always is posted in the official LSAF thread here on ART, mentioned above. We make these available to ezine writers and other reviewers. But as I said above, it is helpful for you to also write something about your setup on the official "LSAF 20xx" thread.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: LSAF 2024
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:33:53 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects