Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Build Thread: 2Pi Towers, 6Pi Corner horns (and possibly a sub and center) (Building some Pi Speakers)
Re: Build Thread: 2Pi Towers, 6Pi Corner horns (and possibly a sub and center) [message #88175 is a reply to message #88057] Thu, 14 June 2018 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
joshua43214 is currently offline  joshua43214
Baron
@johnnycamp5
@Wayne Parham

Thanks for the feedback.

Sorry about the confusion on speaker size, I was actually referring to the size of the drivers as opposed to the cabinet. My intuition was that the 15" woofer in the 7Pi is just too big for my room. I do not need the extra sensitivity, and I already knew the 8" 1Pi can fill my room. So I resisted the "if some is good, more is better" logic. I did not know the 7Pi was physically smaller than the 6Pi, though either one has a smaller foot print than the 4Pi because they need no wall spacing or flanking subs.

Good advice on amps. I have had the nagging feeling that this might be the case as well, and my son also has the same contention. I dusted off my venerable Marantz 1030 that I purchased used as a teenager and hooked it up. It produced lovely sound for less than a minute before it started making crackling noises. I can't find my old Harman Kardon amps.

I am somewhat tempted to snag some cheap Ebay kit amps of different classes to see how they affect the performance before building something high-end (more projects...).

That is great news about the crossovers being on the way. I suppose this means I have to get back to painting.

-Josh

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message