Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Build Thread: 2Pi Towers, 6Pi Corner horns (and possibly a sub and center) (Building some Pi Speakers)
Re: Build Thread: 2Pi Towers, 6Pi Corner horns (and possibly a sub and center) [message #88173 is a reply to message #88172] Wed, 13 June 2018 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Seriously cool build thread, Josh! I've been meaning to say a few words, but I've been slammed lately. So I just read without comment. But here are the things I've been meaning to say, or at least thinking about as I read your notes:

As John said, the six π cornerhorn is actually a smidge taller than the seven π. But it's only just a little taller - Less than 2". So I didn't say anything when I read your post about that. They look exactly the same to the eye.

Same with the three π and the four π speakers. If they're not side-by-side, they look the same size. But the three π is slightly larger.

It's just the tuning required for the drivers I've chosen. Both have an alignment that is slightly overdamped, just the way I like it - Controlled. The system can't shift towards underdamped (peakyness) even when the power levels are high for extended periods.

The threads in the "Models, Upgrades and Driver Characteristics" section of the FAQ talk about all that stuff in more detail so I won't belabor it in your build thread.

Lastly, I saw that you would have liked gold "π" decals on your tower twos so I sent a couple in the package with the three π sub kit. I also sent the replacement crossovers for your cornerhorns.

I'm still amazed how much damage those parts suffered. UPS does a pretty good job, but I have to make claims in about one out of every thousand shipments. So I'm hoping I'm good for two thousand shipments 'cause you had two packages damaged. Laughing

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message