Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Questions about Pi Speakers
Questions about Pi Speakers [message #87930] Thu, 03 May 2018 23:34 Go to previous message
Symphonimind is currently offline  Symphonimind
Baron
Hi Wayne,

I have just discovered about Pi speakers 15 days ago. And I think Pi Speakers will be good for my future Music listening room & Home Theater room (actually both application in the same room).

I designed acoustic treatment for my a hifi audio friend that has giant Exclusive speakers. Those speakers have big woofer and horn tweeters. In the listening test session, I can't believe how big the sound is. The kick drum of AC/DC Back in Black sound like a real drums in front of me. So I knew what is my ultimate sound is. It is a life-like sound system with high headroom and extremely good dynamic, slamming bass. I just can't go back to compact systems with small woofer anymore. They sound great and accurate but I miss the sound of big systems.

I considered the options based on SEOS horn before, but after reading your comparison measurement, I forget it and decide that H290C is probably the best one I can find.

After reading about Pi speakers, your papers, your absolutely wonderful articles I really believe I can trust Pi Speakers.

The problem is my place is tooooooo far from US, the shipping cost for heavy drivers alone will cost me a totally new mid-end sound system... So I think about buying lightweight components like cross over and H290C horn.

My questions are:

1. In each model 3Pi, 4Pi, you give us options to upgrade. However, does crossover (which I will buy from your store) have to modify anything to adapt to my upgrade (drivers) options? If I choose the stock woofer/tweeter or upgraded woofer/tweeter, is the crossover the same?

2. Where can I buy speaker plans?

3. I like your 3Pi Subwoofer but I don't know how to use it properly in a totally passive system (passive speaker, passive subwoofer) to maximize its ability regarding gain staging and equipments that need to connect to. I am using an 2.1 active system, and connect mains to subwoofers is dead easy. But in a passive system (I have not ever use any passive system), I don't know how.

4. If I want to modify the enclosure (retain the same internal volume) to adapt to specific situations (for example make its depth lower to easily put behind the screen in small room, modify the port shape and location), will it affect the sound much?

Thank you very much. I know it's way toooo much for a pre-sale question, but I really don't know where I can find the answer.

Best regards,
Edwards

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Enjoyed listening at LSAF
Next Topic: 7pi speaker parts and multiple subs
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 16:33:48 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations