Home » Audio » Source » HELP with my Acoustic Research XA!
HELP with my Acoustic Research XA! [message #12433] Mon, 08 August 2005 10:16 Go to previous message
kevin is currently offline  kevin
Chancellor
I need help with my XA Turntable!!!! I recently replaced the cartridge with a Shure 97XE and it sounded better than ever (I set the force to 1.25g) but this morning when I went to play a record the left channel was gone. Upon further inspection, I realized that there was sound coming out of the tweeter, and vibration from the speaker woofer, but barely audible sound. I swapped speakers, tested a few records, tested the amp, and everything else checked out fine, so the problem lies in the turntable. Has this happened to anyone before? Could it be a stylus or cartridge problem? I checked the stylus and the diamond tip seems to be sharp and I cleaned off any dust there was on the cartridge. I did buy the cartridge on ebay, but it was brand new when I bought it. If someone could get back to me ASAP that would be great! This is my first time using this forum so I don't exactly know if it will forward your responses to my email or not. If not, could you just email them to my address: absolutkj@yahoo.com

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Ping Hurdy-Gurdy
Next Topic: Grados,ortophons,shures and AR turntable hum
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jun 04 03:09:18 CDT 2024