Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 7pi plan and guidance request (How should I use my 2226s and 2242s?)
Re: 7pi plan and guidance request [message #87188 is a reply to message #87186] Fri, 02 February 2018 10:40 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

That room will work very well with constant directivity cornerhorns.

The seven π constant directivity cornerhorn generates 101dB/W/M and is capable of over 120dB/M at full output.

I would put the seven π cornerhorns along the 15-foot wall, just as you've described. I would put the 2242 bass cabinets far away from the mains - along the 27-foot and 39-foot spans. Or maybe one in the farthest corner and another along the opposite wall span. This will give you excellent smoothing of deep bass room modes.

I'll send plans for both the cornerhorns and for an attractive subwoofer cabinet that will work well with your 2242 drivers. The shape of the subwoofer box isn't critical; Just make it 8ft3 to 10ft3 tuned to 30Hz. Low-pass the subs at 60Hz to 80Hz, fourth-order.

Placement isn't terribly critical so yo can put the subs where convenient. For example, don't put the subs close to the mains or close to each other. Distribute them throughout the room. The most important thing is to use multiple bass sound sources scattered around. Do a search here for threads on the multisub concept for more information.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: 7pi plans and planning
Next Topic: 1Pi plan request
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 17:55:42 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio