Home » Audio » Source » Shure V 15Vxmr initial disappointment. Help needed!
Re: Yes, I agree... [message #12361 is a reply to message #12357] Sat, 16 July 2005 14:20 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Russellc is currently offline  Russellc
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I too got a cheap one, I think 215 was what I paid, and what a bargin. I have had lots of friends over the years use shure, and have borrowed a couple, but this is the first one I "bought" one and it ever a bargin. I found most of the earlier examples to zippy on the high end. The V15Vxmr is anything but. I have had it a little while now, and while it doesn't need one yet, have bought a new stylu for it when needed. If I still feel the same in a year, I will buy another stylus to stick away. If after another year I STILL feel the same, I will buy another. Shure says they will have available stylus for 5 years, and I guess we are well into the first year. They claim the body can last 50 years! I may find another favorite by then, but am quite impressed for now. I have used better, but at much greater cost, and this thing defines tracking.
It also is a perfect match for my vintage Infinity Black Widow tonearm.
I think it is well worth the 350 or so that remaining dealers are selling them at, as stylus will be around for a while.

Russellc

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message