Home » Audio » Source » Shure V 15Vxmr initial disappointment. Help needed!
Re: Shure V 15Vxmr initial disappointment. Help needed! [message #12338 is a reply to message #12336] Thu, 14 July 2005 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Mr Vinyl is currently offline  Mr Vinyl
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Hi Alecksander,

I own a Shure V15VXmr cartridge as well. I have it in a Graham 2.2 tone arm on an Oracle Delphi MKIV turntable. I am very happy with it's sound. It comes close to sounding as good as my $2000 Audioquest 7000FE5 cartridge. No it doesn't sound better but comes a lot closer than one would think given the price difference. That said the Shure's Achilles heel so to speak is it's high end. It is a little rolled off. Not much can be done about it. Although I am not a big believer in VTA making significant improvements some people claim that the Shure needs to have a positive VTA. In other words that the front of the cartridge needs to be pointing down (raise the vta). I haven't noticed anything significant with this move but that's not to say you will not. Give it a try. Personally I think the high end on the Shure is just rolled off. But short of that everything else sounds just fine. I really like the cartridge. If fact I even bought another one just to keep as a spare. Let the cartridge break in a little more. It does sound a little better after break-in. Maybe 50 hours or so. Below is a little review I wrote on another site about the Shure and the Audioquest. Might be of some interest.

Hope this helps.
Mr Vinyl

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message