Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Duratex, how much to cover, and ratio to thin needed
Re: Duratex, how much to cover, and ratio to thin needed [message #86706 is a reply to message #86704] Sun, 03 December 2017 18:06 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I always buy the gallon container as a minimum quantity, but that is more than needed for just one pair of speakers. I also always use a brush, but I've used rollers before and it's just fine. Either way, the results are the same. The texture isn't created by the roller or brush - As it cures, it will harden with the characteristic rough texture no matter how you've applied it.

I always apply several coats. I put on one coat and let sit for a day or sometimes longer. When fully dry, I apply the next coat. So this is a long process for me.

Do have plenty of ventilation. It's more important with this finish than anything else I've used. Even if you apply the stuff in a completely open area outdoors, it will still get to you. It's potent stuff.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Wayne, does countersinking affect performance?
Next Topic: Speaker Tweaks
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 09 04:07:31 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout