Home » Audio » Source » Cd player
Re: Cd player [message #86983 is a reply to message #86982] Fri, 12 January 2018 09:47 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

That unit looks great, and I think I'd give it a try. The price is right, and especially since you have a DAC already, that takes one important feature off the checklist. To me, it opens the door for more options, and I think I'd probably give that unit a try.

I have a high-end Audio Note CD player but I never use it because I personally prefer BluRay to CD by a huge margin. Where I can get BluRay media, I do. So I find myself always using my BluRay player instead of my CD player. Of course, lots of material isn't available on BluRay. And my car doesn't play BluRay discs. So I purchase my favorite material on BluRay and CD, and often vinyl too.

I also wanted my players to have good quality DAC and audio preamp components. That put Denon and Oppo on the table. But I like your approach - by keeping the DAC separate, you can choose from a number of transports without having to worry about the DAC and analog sections.

If you pull the trigger on this unit, please let us know what you think of it.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Hi Res Turntable that records
Next Topic: Marantz SLT 12 / SLT 12U Questions!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 06 12:58:26 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio